CLICK HERE to download our Coalition Brochure
OUR VISIONWe envision that individuals with disabilities are empowered to exercise their right to full participation in society so that one day all people will live, work, learn, and play in a community based on abilities and not disabilities.
Our mission is to support people with disabilities in order to build strength, strong relationships, and the ability to navigate challenges across the span of life. This is accomplished through individual/systems advocacy and through provision of quality, consumer-controlled services.In existence since 1986, the Coalition serves several counties in Wisconsin: St. Croix, Polk, and Pierce. We work on disability-related issues such as: accessibility, education, community employment, socialization and recreation, community integration, and individual and/or systems advocacy.
S E R V I C E S
- Information and referral
- Recreational programs, including bowling, bowling tournament, and summer weekend camp
- Disability Awareness – Pacer Puppet Program
- Accessibility Surveys
- Workshops and presentations
- Adaptive technology
”Count Me In Puppets,” which helps children and adults become more aware of disabilities.
Adaptive art equipment, housed in the Parent Lending Library of CESA #11 in
, is available to all 38 school districts in the area. Call 715-986-2020. Turtle Lake
MEMBER GROUPSOur member groups include
These groups share resources and participate in social and recreational activities.
- Stepping Stones of St. Croix County
- Barrier Busters of Eau Claire County
- Center for Independent Living of Western Wisconsin
- UCP of West Central Wisconsin.
Coalition members attend the Regional Disability Awareness Day which is held every other year. This event is co-sponsored by UCP of West Central Wisconsin, the Wiscon-sin Council on Developmental Disabilities, and grants. During this celebration, contact is made with Legislators, and discussion on the groups’ concerns is held with legislative staff.
RESOURCESThe Coalition has a website with links to many helpful sites which can be accessed by consumers, parents, and professionals.
The Coalition provides information and referral regarding:
- Community Resources
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Technical/Adaptive Equipment
- Specific disability information
- State Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Local, State and National Organizations
- Support Groups
- Opportunities for volunteering